FACEBOOK PROFILE... :)

Poh Jing Shan Josiah's Facebook profile

Tuesday 8 December 2009

SEASON 5 EPISODE 5: What a Year it has been and what a year is going to be!

I wonder whether anyone who have been reading my blog (to which I thank you for your readership) have been wondering what had happened since since July 2009.

No, I have not forgotten that I have a blog. No, my life has not reached a plateau (on the contrary, there have been many peaks and troughs since July 2009 - which I will elaborate later) and no, I have not forgotten these moments.

What I want to do in this entry is to pen down bite-size snippets of the significant moments since July 2009 and of the entire year.

(1) Professional

I have changed jobs and will be starting my new job in January 2010. I will be returning to legal work and this time, it will be at an energy power station situated on the northern part of the island. How I got this job is truly amazing and I attribute all this to God. It is not only His faithfulness that saw me through this job-hunt. But, it is also in His grace and mercy that this employer looked upon me with favour.

2009 has been a rough year on this front. But, I have learnt a great deal about myself as I moved through the 2 jobs. I pray now that at this new job in 2010 (and beyond), it will be a year of rooting and progress in order that I may establish my track record, bloom and grow in the mind and spirit. LORD, establish the works of my hands!

(2) Spiritual

This year, I have been active in the church in both learning and service.

(a) Learning: Christian Believer

The 30-week Christian Believer course where I learnt Christian theology opened my eyes into the richness of the faith I belong to. These theological concepts are the building blocks of any Christian and I say that every one (especially people my age) should consider equipping ourselves with some working knowledge of theology, especially in times like this.

(b) Learning: Alpha

The 13-week Alpha Course has also provided me an opportunity to revisit the basics of the Christian faith, get to hear how people's lives have been changed through the course and be exposed to people who have questions about the faith.

(c) Service: Young Adults cell group

The LORD has indeed blessed this cell group in leads and bounds this year with new members. These new members have given this cell a different mix compared to what it was before. But, what I want to especially thank the LORD for is the people within this cell. Praise the LORD for hearts of service, enthusiasm and passion! I look forward to our Retreat next weekend where we will rest in the company of the LORD and others, reassess our position both individually and as a body corporate and make ready ourselves for 2010!

I pray that each and every one of the members will rise up and wise up to be young men and women of the living God in the church and society so that they may "shine like stars" in this world.

(3) Personal

This year has been a year of learning about who I am as a person, how I can position myself with all the training and experience in the past. All this has given me a newfound confidence and I look forward to engaging and rooting myself in the new job. Praise be to God for these experiences.

With a job to look forward to and grow in and the prospect of obtaining my driving licence in the first quarter of 2010, I also pray to cultivate good working relationships with all I work and serve with.

I believe with God's help, all this is possible and I can really do "all things through Him that gives me strength."

Thanks be to God! Amen!

1 comment:

Ai Ling said...

I do read them, well at least for the first time. =P Great to know that so much learnings have taken placed in your life in the past 6mths. All the best to your upcoming new job in 2010!