FACEBOOK PROFILE... :)

Poh Jing Shan Josiah's Facebook profile

Thursday 19 March 2009

SEASON 5 EPISODE 3: A NEW CHAPTER BEGINS...

In the last episode, I wrote about the discipline of “waiting” in 2 areas of my life: (1) Career and (2) Relationships. It is still status quo for (2) and still waiting.

For (1), since that last entry, the period of waiting involved making applications for jobs in various places: from law firms to MNCs and even registering interest in a conversion programme to be an Arts Manager.

However, through very unusual means and circumstances, the LORD chartered a direction for me that I never expected at all. I was offered a job at my first workplace (where I did my Industrial Attachment during my polytechnic days in 2002) yesterday just after having lunch with one of my bosses the day before!

At this point, all I will say is that the career prospects are good and it is in line with what I personally want to do in a couple of years time. I am still involved in the legal profession, only from a different angle and I believe my legal training gives me the edge to understand the workings and challenges lawyers face in running their practices. More will come as I get into the grind of things.

I have accepted the position today and will begin on 1 April 2009.
This acceptance is the apex of a series of events that began last Sunday where, during second breakfast after church, I found that the place I enjoyed my working life was at my poly internship firm. This is evidence of the maxim that the LORD’s timing is always the best. When the time is ripe, all things will fall into place. If not anything else, I take comfort in this and look forward to that perfect timing for (2) as well. Till then, I will just leave things as it is and build the friendship through amongst other things, Christian service and fellowship.
This new chapter is an illustration and affirmation of Romans 8:28:

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”
God never fails to surprise us (and at times, make us laugh).
Another eventful moment in the season of Lent 2009!

SOLI DEO GLORIA!

No comments: